Whether or not you’re working from home, drinking from home, or studying from home, we all have one thing in common: we’re bored at home. Here’s some ideas for things you can do to waste some time in the day. Until tomorrow… (hoping y’all got my reference to that terrible Instagram trend.
EXPAND YOUR MIND
⁃ Explore museums all around the world, some of my faves are:
⁃ Live stream the Northern Lights (although, every time I’ve looked, all I see is
grey skies and a lot of wind).
⁃ Learn new skills on Skillshare.
⁃ Write down your short-term and long-term goals.
⁃ Start a gratitude journal.
⁃ Take some free online college courses.
– Become a Princess in PJs exploring castles from the comfort of your bed, my faves
– Visit Machu Picchu, Easter Island, and countless other places you’ve already visited
or always wanted to go to, thanks to Google Arts & Culture.
⁃ Try Gem Art, an extremely therapeutic activity that I’ve become addicted to.
⁃ Pull out some coloring books.
⁃ Make a DIY Terrarium to bring some life into your home.
⁃ Make a vision board (comment down below if you want to see my attempt).
⁃ Become a photographer and make a collage with your new pics.
⁃ Knit a scarf.
– Learn calligraphy and use it to write letters to friends.
– Fine tune your sketching skills with Mo Willems.
– Make yourself some new jewelry.
– Start a time capsule to open up in 10 years (aka when this quarantine will finally end).
– Make a cardboard castle (and no, you don’t need kids to do this one).
CONNECT WITH FRIENDS
TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF
⁃ Give yourself a manicure (for extra strong nails, I use Dip Powder).
– Rejuvenate your skin with an at-home facial.
– Give yourself a Drybar-level blowout.
– Learn new makeup looks from YouTubers, my faves are: Kaushal Beauty,
– Meditate with Headspace.
– Do an at-home workouts with ClassPass.
– Go on a walk (safely).
– Learn Tik-Tok dances (even if you don’t want to film them, they are great workouts).
– Make a floral arrangement.
– Set up an indoor beach (if possible).
– Organize your closet like Marie Kondo.
-Build a fort.
Obviously, you don’t have to do all of these or any of these, but hopefully they got your gears started and will help you think of some ideas for things you’d like to do while stuck at home! Comment down below iif you think of any so that I can try them out too!